Monday, March 16, 2015

Historic Mai Kai Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale

The Mai Kai Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale is so historic, it's definitely worth a visit-- not just for the legendary  shows (I only caught a glimpse of them since my husband and I just did dinner during our visit), but also for the crazy delicious food. Every single item of food was insanely good! And the lovely lush gardens were beautiful. A little taste of Polynesia!
A garden section indoors, too.
The bathroom is famous and award-winning.
Reservations are recommended, since it can get very busy.
We ordered the Pu Pu Platter appetizer (with several juvenile jokes about its name). It was sooooooo yummy!
Nathan had the Mai Kai beef, and I had chicken coconut curry. Can't recall the exact name, but everything was so flavorful and the meat was tender.
What made the food sooo delicious? It was the flavor and texture and how fresh it tasted. I eat a lot of Chinese buffets-- I guess I was expecting food on that bland level. This was so far beyond that. Every bite was pure pleasure!
If you ever visit Fort Lauderdale, I think it's worth a visit!

3 comments: