Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Purses are not typically a big splurge item for me. I've gone years between buying purses, especially since I tend to receive beautiful hand-me-down bags from my mom or other relatives. But when I saw an amazing purse from Lo & Sons, I freaked out -- and HAD to have it!
Everybody, meet my new baby, the O.M.G. bag! It stands for "Overnight & Medium Gym bag," not "oh my gosh what a beautiful bag," haha. :) I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with my purchase. If you want a bag that does it all, this is IT.
There are two main reasons why I purchased this bag:
1. It has a convenient zipper side that opens on the top and bottom, allowing it to slide over your luggage carryon's handle. Now that my husband is a flight attendant for Delta Airlines, I've been on 16 flights in three months. I'm actually typing this blog on my phone as I wait in a plane to NYC, with a final destination of Amsterdam!
So I really hate it when I'm running through an airport, and my purse is falling off the top of my rolling luggage. This eliminates that problem. This purse is SO coming with me to Europe! Look at my bag, all cute and travel-friendly in the Palm Beach International Airport this morning. It's secured on the handle, so it won't fall off!!
2. It has a padded laptop compartment! So convenient for travel. It fits up to a 13-inch computer.
Some bonus features-- it has a detachable strap that makes it great for wearing it as a messenger bag, and a side-pocket internal key strap that secures your keys. I also like that the nylon material is water-resistant, and I feel super-organized with a spot for everything inside this bag!
FYI-- the company is having a 20% off sale! Get one now while it's hot!!!
Have you ever purchased a purse that you loved this much? What made it so unique? Comment below!
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
In the past three months that my husband has been a flight attendant for Delta Airlines, I have taken 16 flights. I've learned that standby flying can be a blessing (it's free!) and a curse (you may not make it where you want to go).
Here's what I wish I had known when I first began flying standby:
1. Do not attempt to fly overseas on a summer weekend. This is when everyone is trying to fly! The likelihood that you will make it on your flight is dramatically reduced. I'm supposed to be flying back from Germany right now. Instead, I'm flying back from Louisiana. Which brings me to...
2. Remain flexible and have a back-up plan. I was so overly confident I would make it to Germany, that I had no idea what to do next when the flight I wanted was completely full. Thankfully I had bumped into my college best friend when we were both at the Atlanta airport, and that inspired me to follow him to my Louisiana hometown.
3. Only pack a carry-on. Never ever ever ever check a bag when you fly stand-by! Who cares that it's free to check a bag when your bag is stuck where you had a layover and you landed in your final destination?! So inconvenient. Pack light, bring only your essentials and carry it on.
At least this Delta flight serves Starbucks! And it has wifi! And I'm in Economy Comfort Plus! No complaints here. :)
Have you ever been stuck somewhere because your flight didn't make it? Comment below!