Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ulta and Revlon Colorstay Nail Polish Reviews -- Mani/Pedi photos, thanks for Christmas gifts from friends!

I'm obsessed with the book How to Look Expensive by Andrea Pomerantz Lustig, a former beauty editor at Glamour magazine… this book has been my go-to manual lately for elevating my look with sophistication (or, at least, attempting to).

(Photo courtesy www.howtolookexpensive.com)

The book was a Christmas gift from my friend Rikki, who kept hearing me talk about how I wanted to check it out at the local library, LOL! :) Thanks, Rikki. <3

(Pretty Rikki is a TV reporter!)

Because I've been reading this book and wanting to "look expensive," that means my hands will sport only "classy"-type nail polish shades-- more natural colors than the hot pinks and tangerines I love. Those bright shades are relegated to only my toes for now!

Here are two shades I just did my mani/pedi with: Ulta's "Baby Doll" and Revlon Colorstay "Seashell" (025).


I've been wanting pale shades for my hands, and more peach-y shades for my toes… hence these two colors.

The Ulta "Baby Doll" was a Christmas gift from my friend Michelle, who does mani/pedi's with me on Sunday evenings when we're visiting at her place. 

Michelle is pretty, trust her style judgment ;)

This is what Ulta's "Baby Doll" polish looks like with two coats, on top of a base coat and under a top coat:


I like the final result, although it's a little lighter than I was visualizing. The first coat was pretty and sheer, but showed the lines (wish I had snapped a pic to show you) and didn't look even. It took two color coats before it was one uniform shade on each nail. I don't know about you, but I feel a pale pink is super-classy! Love it! Thanks, Michelle!! :)

Here is the Revlon Colorstay "Seashell" with two coats, on top of a base coat and under a top coat (which incidentally were both the Revlon Colorstay base and top coat polishes which promise to make your nail colors last longer-- and they really do!)… this polish was uniform even with just one coat, I did two coats because I felt one coat was too sheer for my toes:


I love how it's the "your nails, but better" type of color. This color is super-summery, and I think it would flatter any skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment